Here Are The Food Diets And Nutrition Tips To Help Prevent Cardiovascular Disease.
Often times, we are too engrossed with the hurdles of work and life that we forget to eat good and nutritious foods, thereby putting our health at risk of diseases and illness.
Our immune system needs the perfect nutrients every day to be able to wax stronger to fight diseases. The best way to cure or prevent diseases from setting into our lives is through proper dieting.
There is a lot of advantages in consuming the diet and adhering to the best nutrition practices. Not only does one's immune system grow stronger, but the brain’s capacity also functions better when we obey the norms of a healthy diet.
Eating good food should never be misconstrued as eating food regularly. One can eat junk all day without adding any health benefit to the body.
So, in this article, we will be looking at how certain good foods and nutrition can prevent or heal some common diseases and health problems like cardiovascular diseases.
What in Heaven’s name is a cardiovascular disease?
Cardiovascular disease or heart disease is a common type of health problem where there are a diseased vessel, blood clotting and structural problem in the heart. The various types of cardiovascular diseases are highlighted below.
- Cardiac arrest
- Heart failure
- Peripheral Artery disease
- Stroke and so forth.
Symptoms of cardiovascular disease
- Chest pain and discomfort.
- Shortage of breath.
- Pains in the back, neck, legs go numb.
Causes Of cardiovascular disease
- Lack of proper healthy diet: Unhealthy diets are one of the major causes of cardiovascular disease. According to Dr. Denzel - a dietitian, unhealthy diets and lack of adequate nutrients in the body contribute to why most people are prone to heart diseases.
- Lack of exercise: exercising the body is a practice, which helps in the regular pumping of blood, which most people ignore. Lack of exercise leads to the risk of a shortage of breath and reduction in blood flow.
- Smoking: lack of body heat and worries could make one result to smoking however it is very detrimental to the health.
How To Prevent Cardiovascular Disease: The Food Therapy
Maintain A Balanced Diet is key. The benefits of a balanced diet need no reiteration. However, if you’re finding difficult to know the diets to help prevent heart disease, below are some foods with high nutrients for prevention of cardiovascular disease. Your food plans should include:
- Broccoli. Some research has confirmed that when you consume steams of broccoli on regular bases, your cholesterol levels will decrease. That means preventing heart disease from occurring.
- Berries. There are a lot of antioxidants polyphenols in berries, which helps in decreasing the risk of heart disease. Berries contain high levels of folate, fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and calcium; all of which are low in fat.
- Dark chocolate. It is one of the best, scientifically proven food that helps in fighting against atherosclerosis—the build-up of plaques in the arteries, which exposes people to heart attacks and stroke. When you consume much of dark chocolate, it helps in fighting white blood cell adhesion and stiffness of the arteries, which causes a heart attack.
- Tomatoes. As little as it looks, this round, red fruit packs many nutrients like potassium, fiber, folate, Vitamin C, and choline, which forms part of a crucial dietary change when looking to reduce heart diseases.
- Spinach. Loaded with magnesium, which is good for maintaining regular heart rhythm, Spinach is among the best food sources to tackle heart problems.
Other Food Tips To Fight Cardiovascular Diseases
- Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Eating of Fiber rich grains (whole and refined
- Diary produce with lower fats. E.g, beef liver
If you are not too sure of the types or quantity of food to eat, you can consult your doctor for help.
The Benefit Of Proper Food diet and Nutritious Plan
- Increased blood flow to the heart.
- Increased efficiency of the blood cells.
- Increased chances of being easily cured any disease.
- Proper nutrition aids a mental balance in us.
- It helps prevent one being prone to GERD (Gastro Esopheagus reflux disease).
- Vegetables have low sugar and help better immunity against heartburn and obesity.
You can always get help from your doctor or dietitian regarding tips, quantity, and managing your diet plan.
Brought to you on 09-12-2019 by